Kids' Cereal Turned Into Cookies!
So I was grinning from ear to ear as I made a batch of cereal cookies. This recipe works with a number of different kids' cereals, but the sugary, fruity-ness of this combination made my heart happy. Try it with your favorite cereals and share your smiles with me when you're done.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup softened butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 cup sugar
1 small package vanilla pudding mix
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups kids' cereal
1 cup chocolate chips (I used white)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Add pudding mix. When well blended, add eggs and vanilla.
4. Once wet ingredients are fully mixed, add dry mixture a cup at a time. Mix until just combined.
5. Carefully stir in cereal and chocolate chips.
6. Place 1-inch balls of dough on the parchment paper, carefully pressing them down slightly.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand 1-2 minutes before moving them from the baking sheet to a cooling rack.