Cheesy Ground Beef And Cornbread Casserole
A few pantry items and two pounds of ground beef from the freezer all came together to complete this tasty, filling meal. So get creative and see what you can whip up.
2 boxes cornbread mix
1 1/3 cups milk
2 pounds ground beef
mesquite grill seasoning
1 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp honey mustard
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 15-ounce can whole corn, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Prepare cornbread batter by combining mix, milk and eggs. Pour into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake cornbread at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet with mesquite seasoning.
5. Add mustard, ketchup, brown sugar and garlic powder. Stir to combine and simmer until the cornbread timer goes off.
6. After draining the corn, spread it evenly over the top of the almost-done cornbread. Top with the meat mixture and cover with cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for an additional 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.