Healthier Banana Muffins
That's what these Greek yogurt chocolate chip banana muffins were for me recently. Substituting Greek yogurt for some of the more traditional ingredients and amounts even made it a little bit healthier.
I like that. And I like these muffins - a lot.
I took a plate of them to church one Wednesday night and they disappeared, so apparently other people like them, too.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 mashed bananas
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with muffin wrappers.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the bananas, yogurt, eggs and vanilla.
4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing well. Add chocolate chips.
5. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The tops will be lightly browned.
Post a Comment