What 300 Sales Have Taught Us
All we wanted to do back in 2009 was share our faith through Stuff From Trees. Danny makes wood gifts and I work with paper, hence the very clever title, right? We've met some amazingly wonderful people along the way, many of whom are now repeat customers.
My humble and overwhelming thanks to those reading this.
Our success has absolutely nothing to do with anything we've done and everything to do with the blessings of the Lord. It's been an interesting trip over the past two and a half years - and here's what we've learned.
* Even when the customer is wrong, the customer is right.
* Fix mistakes as soon as they happen and apologize for the inconvenience.
* Be consistent - in what you say, what you do, how you do it and how you present yourself.
* Have fun! When it's not fun anymore, find out why.
* Tell your story, because you're the only one who can - and will.
* Be yourself. Everyone will know if you're faking it.
* Keep it all in perspective. We started a business to spread the Word of God. The sales, the money and the interest in our work are just side benefits.
If the Lord be willing, we will continue on for another 300 sales. It is truly my joy to share what I'm working on with you. To God be the glory!
Check out our shop at http://www.stufffromtrees.etsy.com/. I pray the visit will be a blessing.