Breakfast For Supper
But come dinnertime, we love those special breakfast treats that we didn't have time for in the morning. Danny gave me a waffle maker (the spinning kind like they have at the hotel) for Christmas, and I'm absolutely in love with it! Even better than the restaurant, I'd say.
So why is breakfast for dinner so special?
* It's a comfort food. After a long day out in the world, what really compares to waffles and warm syrup, crisp bacon and gooey eggs?
* It's out-of-the-ordinary. Sometimes having "the usual" at an unusual time gets us out of a rut, lets us have a little fun and makes us feel like a kid again.
* There's actually time to enjoy it. I don't know about you, but we don't normally have time to pull out the waffle maker or fry bacon before Danny goes to work in the morning. But in the evening, it's a little more relaxing and we can make it an event.
So what's your favorite breakfast-for-dinner meal? There's lots to choose from!
* The traditional: bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles
* The sweet: doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, powdered sugar on everything
* The elegant: quiche, fruit
* The old-fashioned: monkey bread, eggs-in-the-hole, sausage bake, coffee cake