One of the characteristics of a woman who is leading a victorious Christian life is virtue. A virtuous woman is willing to conform to both moral and divine law, someone who glows with purity and goodness. Sounds like an overwhelming goal, doesn't it? Well, just like everything else in our lives, God has given us exactly what we need to triumph in the virtues He would have us attain.
"And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman" (Ruth 3:11).
Ruth was a poor widow, one who chose to leave her native Moab for her mother-in-law's home town of Bethlehem. She was given the choice to stay behind, but her relationship with Naomi was more important. Ruth was devoted to both her former family and the new family that would greet them (Ruth 4:15).
While she was forced to work in the fields to supply the household's needs, Ruth worked with diligence and stamina. In the second cha…
My sweet and loving husband gave me my birthday present three weeks early.
I had asked Danny for a bench that I could put down by the big pond. I wanted a place where I could go, pray and relax away from the struggles of the day. He blessed my heart in so many ways by creating this bench out of landscaping timbers with his own two hands. His talents amaze me all the time.
But what meant even more was that he was willing to brave 110 degree temperatures to finish this just for me. That speaks volumes about the loving heart of this wonderful man. Thank you, Sweetie!
I'm so excited to get it down by the water and spend some time with the Lord. The first thing I want to do is thank Him from the bottom of my heart for the husband He gave me. I'm blessed beyond measure.
A Great Dane and two 8-month-old puppies in the house. It's not even 8 a.m. and I've already said...
* Seriously? Stop!
* Diesel Mac! Stop chewing on your sister's leg!
* We just got back inside - you don't need to go again.
* Please don't bring sticks in the house.
* Molly, the babies aren't chairs. Don't sit on them!
* It's a squirrel, not a burglar!
* Oh look, I walked through pools of water around the dog bowls again.
* We should have purchased stock in carpet cleaner companies. We'd be rich.
* Off the counter. I don't care how cute you are.
* Callie Dee, your brother is not a chew toy!
* Stuffing goes INSIDE the pillows!
* This is the living room, not a demolition derby course!
* Come here. Come here. HERE!
* Now that my shoulder is dislocated, will you stop pulling on the leash?
* We have the best puppies in the whole wide world.