Bacon-Wrapped, Cheese-Stuffed Hamburger Stacks
If you make a not-so-healthy recipe with extra-healthy ingredients, doesn't that make it healthier by association?
I'm not a professional nutritionist, but I'm thinking not.
Regardless of the "healthfulness" of this beautiful recipe, it's definitely better with grass-fed and organic beef. Try it with turkey bacon if you'd like, too. I used colby jack cheese from a party tray, but you can use any super-melty cheese that you'd like.
6 1/4-pound burgers
9 small slices colby jack cheese
9 slices uncooked bacon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Season each side of each burger with your favorite burger seasoning.
3. On the baking sheet, layer one burger, three cheese slices, and a second burger.
4. Wrap three slices of bacon around each stack.
5. Cook burger stacks at 400 for 20 minutes. Spoon out any grease.
6. Move oven rack to top of the oven and turn on the broiler. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until bacon is crispy and the liquid runs clear. Spoon out grease again as necessary.
Post a Comment