Fresh Blackberry Donuts
I’m also quite fond of blackberries, as we have acres of blackberry bushes on our property. If you’ve read my posts from the past few days, you saw how heavy many of our bushes still are with berries that still need to ripen. That means tons of new blackberry recipes going through our kitchen!
So ... put the two together and you’ll undoubtedly get fresh blackberry donuts! Top them with a thick glaze made of powdered sugar, melted butter and milk for the perfect touch of sweetness to start your day.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
3 Tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh blueberries (tossed in just enough flour to coat them)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two donut plans with nonstick spray.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine almond milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla.
4. Add wet mixture to bowl of dry ingredients. Stir to combine well. Batter will be very thick.
5. Fold in flour-coated blackberries.
6. Half-fill each cup of the donut pan with batter. (Any more and you won’t have a good hole.)
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until tops are just browned. Allow donuts to cool in pan 5-10 minutes, until they come out easily. Finish cooling on baking rack before topping with glaze.