Patriotic Trifle For July 4th Dessert
Hey, I’ve got some chopped up baked goods, some leftover fruit and half a bowl of pudding. Let’s just put a little of this with some of that, and then more of this and another layer of something else.
And they called it yummy. And it was yummy.
For the patriotic trifle pictured here, I layered chunks of angel food cake with fresh blueberries, raspberries and our grocery store’s fruit dip. I served it up in a small, single-serving dish to make it all cute.
What are some other trifle combinations you can play around with?
* Pound cake, lemon pudding, whipped topping and blueberries
* Brownie crumbles, chocolate pudding, whipped topping and chocolate candies
* Vanilla wafer cookies, banana pudding, whipped topping and sliced bananas
* Chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk
* Pound cake, cheesecake filling, whipped topping and strawberries
* Brownies, peanut butter frosting, whipped topping and peanut butter cups
* Angel food cake, vanilla pudding, whipped topping, peaches and raspberries
What combination will you try first, one of these or a creation of your own?