Pecan Pie Fudge
I’ve made fudge with chocolate and peanut butter.
I’ve made fudge with peanuts and marshmallows.
I’ve made fudge with caramel macchiato candy corns.
I’ve made fudge with eggnog and cinnamon.
And now I’ve made fudge with heavy cream and pecans.
This one is pretty amazing.
1 stick butter, cubed
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup heavy cream
dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 cup chopped pecans (or more to taste)
1. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large saucepan, bring butter, sugar, brown sugar, cream and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir constantly so the bottom won’t burn. Without stirring any more, heat until a candy thermometer reaches soft ball stage (234 degrees).
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool until the candy thermometer drops to 110 degrees.
4. Stir the fudge while adding in the powdered sugar. Add nuts and combine completely.
5. Spread fudge into prepared dish. If it is too wet or greasy on top, pat it dry with a paper towel. Press in a few more chopped pecans on top.
6. Place in refrigerator until completely cooled. Cut and serve … if you haven’t already eaten half of it.