Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
This is what happens when you cross a cookie with a cake. You get a scrumptious treat that you'll definitely want to eat warm.
You'll bake this cookie cake in a round, flat pan, preferably a pizza pan with sides. I made mine in an 11-inch Pampered Chef baking dish, and you can use whatever size you'd like, adjusting the baking time accordingly.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 of a 12-ounce package chocolate chips (or your favorite kind of baking chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pizza pan (the kind with sides) with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter, both sugars and vanilla. Add the eggs, beating well and combining until smooth.
4. Add the flour mixture into the large bowl about a cup at a time until all is mixed in and the dough is creamy.
5. Fold in the chocolate (or other) chips.
6. Spread into the pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees. For an 11-inch dish like mine, bake 30-35 minutes or until center doesn't jiggle anymore and a cake tester comes out clean. For a larger pizza pan, bake for about 20 minutes or until center doesn't jiggle anymore and a cake tester comes out clean.
8. Serve with ice cream and topped with your favorite syrups.