With all the cakes, cookies and ice cream in the world, why would you surrender to snacking on something that's good for you?
Mostly because these healthy bites are not only quick and easy, but they're SO yummy! Just a handful of ingredients - most of which you probably have in your pantry right now - and a no-bake recipe, and you're all set!
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3. Roll into balls.
* Store these in the fridge and they'll continue to harden, making them a little less sticky and messy.
* Some people have told me that these can be a little chewier than they like. Adjust the ratio of ingredients to suit your personal taste.
* I plan to use dried cranberries instead of the chocolate the next time I make them. You can remove and add whatever you'd like, just make sure you have a combination of sticky and binder to keep them together. Don't let them get too dry or they'll turn into little chunks instead of balls.