Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs
But this time I really, really mean it.
This is a lovely way to have "real food," as we call it around our house. It's way better than what you'll get on the buffet at the restaurant, and they're ready in less than 20 minutes.
Plus they're yummy beyond measure! And believe me, we tried to measure!
2 packages frozen meatballs
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp water
1/4 tsp allspice (or to taste)
4 servings brown rice
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
1 green pepper, roughly diced
1. Thaw meatballs according to package directions.
2. Over medium heat, combine cranberry sauce, BBQ sauce, water and allspice. Heat through, stirring frequently, until melted and combined, 3-5 minutes.
3. Make rice according to package directions. I like to use chicken stock instead of water.
4. Add meatballs to the cranberry mixture and allow to simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. Layer the rice, meatballs, pineapple and green pepper in a bowl. Serve warm.
This works great in a slow cooker when you want to keep them warm for a couple of hours.