Slow Cooker Sides: Sweet Potato Casserole
As you're preparing your holiday menu over the next few weeks, add in this amazing slow cooker recipe. And trust me, you'll want to try it (maybe more than once) between now and Christmas. I'm just saying.
6 large sweet potatoes
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp salt
1/2 bag of mini marshmallows
Pecan halves for garnish
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Place them in the slow cooker.
2. Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
3. Add brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, water and salt. Mix well.
4. Pour mixture over potatoes in slow cooker and stir until completely coated.
5. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low 8-9 hours, until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender. Reduce heat to warm.
6. When you're ready to serve them, add marshmallows to the top and cover for 3-4 minutes, until they are beginning to melt. Serve topped with a few more marshmallows and pecan halves.
Post a Comment