Peanut Butter Overload Layered Dessert
There are some pretty classic pairings in the kitchen: chicken and waffles, chili and cornbread, eggs and bacon, hot cocoa and marshmallows.
But the greatest of all time is ... chocolate and peanut butter!
Feel free to argue, but I refuse to budge on this one.
So here's a great dessert to take to your upcoming holiday parties. You may actually want to make two, just in case. Just in case you dig in to the first one and it doesn't make it to the party. Just in case.
1 box French Vanilla instant pudding mix
1 package Nutter Butter cookies
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 small container of Cool Whip
30-ish mini Reese's Cups
1. Prepare the pudding according to the box instructions.
2. Line the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish with Nutter Butters. I fit 10 1/2 cookies in mine. I ate the other half.
3. Pour half the pudding on top of the cookies.
4. Heat the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted and smooth. Drizzle half the peanut butter on top of the pudding.
5. Spoon half the Cool Whip into the dish and smooth it out.
6. Repeat with 10 1/2 more cookies, the remaining pudding, most of the peanut butter and the remaining Cool Whip.
7. On top of the Cool Whip, drizzle the remaining peanut butter. Crush a few cookies and cut each of the peanut butter cups into quarters. Sprinkle liberally over the top.
8. Refrigerate 10-12 hours or overnight so the pudding will set up and the cookies will soften slightly. Enjoy.
Post a Comment