Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells
As the weather gets chilly and the days get darker earlier, pasta is the perfect warm-me-up meal. It's great for a weeknight when you don't have tons of time, but you can also dress it up a little for a special weekend dish.
This creative pairing of stuffed shells and chicken parmesan fits the bill no matter how or when you serve them! Using pre-cooked chicken makes it even easier and saves you precious time.
12 breaded chicken tenders cut into pieces
1 box jumbo pasta shells
16oz block Mozzarella cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 16oz bag shredded Italian cheese blend
Fresh basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cook jumbo pasta shells according to box directions, then set aside to cool slightly.
3. Cut breaded chicken tenders into pieces small enough to fit inside one shell.
4. Cut block of cheese into pieces small enough to layer on chicken and fit inside one shell.
5. Layer chicken and cheese pieces inside each shell. Use a toothpick to hold the shells closed if necessary.
6. Pour enough spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the dish to just cover it.
7. Arrange stuffed shells on top of the sauce.
8. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the shells and sprinkle on shredded cheese as desired.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is warmed through, cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Serve with basil garnish.