Homemade Blackberry Ice Cream
It’s time for another amazing blackberry recipe using berries picked fresh right here on the property. It’s a great vanilla ice cream to begin with, but I turn it up a notch with our home-grown blackberry crop.
If you don’t like seeds, make this recipe just plain vanilla or substitute another mix-in of your choosing. Whatever you pick, it’s a fun way to make specialty ice cream, made to order.
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups half and half
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups partially crushed blackberries
1. Place a 13x9 glass baking dish in the freezer. You need to have it chilled for this recipe to work well.
2. Combine all four ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Pour the ice cream mix into the baking dish and return to the freezer.
4. Stir the ice cream after 30 minutes, 60 minutes and 90 minutes.
5. Mash the blackberries until they are mostly crushed, making sure there are few-to-no whole berries. This will make it easier to mix them in and make them easier to eat.
6. After 90 minutes and the third stir, mix in the blackberries. Freeze for an addition 30 minutes and serve.
Post a Comment