Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cupcakes
Either way these are sure to please!
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup canola oil
1 21 oz can of cherry pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Make sure the mix is broken down well so there are no clumps. Mix on low for 30 seconds and then on medium for 2 minutes, scraping well.
3. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon batter into paper liners.
4. Place one heaping teaspoon of pie filling into the center of each cup. This will be about two cherries and a little sauce.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a rack.
6. Top with frosting and a cherry from the pie filling.
Note: The pie filling is more dense than the cake batter, so it will fall to the bottom as it bakes. This will make the paper liner absolutely necessary to contain the moisture at the bottom. Use a second liner if you're worried about mess, or just serve immediately.