Asian Barbecued Chicken Thighs And Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
These barbecued chicken thighs changed my outlook completely.
Once you have all the ingredients, you can store them all together and use them over and over. That's how good this recipe is - you may never bake chicken any other way.
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp ground ginger
3 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
2 cups broccoli florets
4 chicken thighs
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a large sheet pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, 2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Spoon out 1/4 cup of the sauce and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine honey, vegetable oil, 2 tsp Sriracha, 2 tsp sesame oil, sesame seeds, and salt. Pour half in a large bowl and toss in the carrots. Save the other half.
4. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Brush one side of each thigh with the hoisin mixture and place it sauce-side down on the sheet pan. Brush the remaining sauce over the thighs.
5. Add carrots to the other side of the pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
6. While the chicken and carrots are cooking, toss the broccoli in the remaining honey mixture.
7. After 10 minutes, add the broccoli to the carrots and pour the remaining 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce over the chicken.
8. Bake an additional 18-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are slightly tender. Serve chicken on top of the vegetables and spoon sauce from the sheet pan on top.