Eggnog Donuts For A Cold Winter Morning
If anyone tells you that donuts shouldn't be their own food group, don't associate with them anymore. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
So on the next cold morning - and before eggnog is difficult to find in the stores - mix up a batch of these decadent donuts. This recipe will make a dozen, so share them if you'd like and then make a few more to spoil yourself.
Ingredients for donuts:
10 Tbsp eggnog
1 tsp rum extract
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients for glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp eggnog
1/4 tsp rum extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray two 6-hole donut pans with nonstick spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggnog, rum extract, egg and vegetable oil until completely mixed.
3. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
4. Divide batter evenly between the two donut pans, spooning in until about 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 9-10 minutes, until donuts are firm on top and slightly browned. Donuts will pull away from the edge of the pan when they are done.
6. Allow to cool slightly while making the glaze.
7. Combine powdered sugar, part of the eggnog and the rum extract. Continue to add eggnog until the glaze goes from runny to slightly thick.
8. Dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze and immediately sprinkle with sprinkles.