On a side note, I'm not a big burger eater. I wouldn't usually choose a burger off the menu, and I rarely make them at home. But this burger casserole ... I would make this on a weekly basis.
1lb ground beef
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup pickles, chopped
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bag shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 can refrigerated crescent dough sheet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large skillet, break up ground beef and cook unto almost browned. Add in onion, stir and continue cooking until meat is completely cooked through.
3. Stir in pickles, water, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper.
4. Pour beef mixture into baking dish and spread evenly. Cover with shredded cheese.
5. Unroll the dough and cut into six pieces. Overlap them across the top of the casserole. Lightly spray the top with nonstick spray and cover with sesame seeds like a hamburger bun.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 28-30 minutes, until dough is crisp and browned. Allow casserole to cook for 5-6 minutes before cutting and serving.