In an effort to use up the food we have in the house without having to go to the grocery store this week, I put together my version of a local pizza restaurant's cheeseburger pizza. Every ingredient was already in our freezer or pantry, and it took only a few minutes to put together.
What's in your pantry, refrigerator and freezer?
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 pizza crust (I used a pre-made crust)
1 can pizza sauce
1 bag Italian mix shredded cheese
1/2 cup bread and butter pickles, diced
1. Preheat oven according to crust directions. Mine was 450 degrees.
2. Brown ground beef in a skillet.
3. While meat is browning, place crust on baking stone and brush with olive oil. Spread a thin layer of sauce over the crust, then sprinkle with half the bag of cheese.
3. Drain the browned meat and stir in the remaining pasta sauce. Pour mixture onto crust.
4. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle on the pickles.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees and bake for 8-10 minutes, until everything is bubbling and melted and the crust is browned.
6. Let stand 3-4 minutes before cutting and serving.