Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Turkey And Cranberry Sauce
This recipe, though, doesn't have to be saved for the holidays. You can turn any day into a special occasion - that's the power of good food.
2 large sweet potatoes
Salt and pepper
1 pound ground turkey
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
1 jar chunky garden pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Place them in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
3. Move the sweet potatoes to the baking sheet, skin side up. Roast at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes. When you remove them from the oven, the skin should wrinkle and the insides will be very soft.
4. While the potatoes are roasting, brown the ground turkey in a large skillet. Then add the cranberry sauce and let it melt. Mix in the pasta sauce and let it all simmer, covered, until the potatoes are done.
5. After removing the sweet potatoes from the oven, cut an X in the center to create a bowl for the pasta sauce to sink down into. Serve immediately, topped with a sprinkling of cheese.