Three-Ingredient Apple Dump Cake
One of my favorite fall things is fresh apples. And friends with orchards who share their fresh apples with you. Thank you, friends!
I used these gifted apples to try my very first apple dump cake. I've read a ton of variations on the theme, but the very basic direction seemed like the way to go this weekend. It's literally three ingredients and less than an hour total time. Then you can enjoy the yummy, bubbly goodness straight out of the oven!
4 apples, cored and chopped
1 box white cake mix
3/4 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cut each apple into quarters, then each quarter into 6-8 pieces. Line the bottom of the dish with apple pieces.
3. Shake the dry cake mix over the top of the apples.
4. Arrange butter pats evenly over the top of the cake mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until cake mix is browned and crispy around the edges. Serve immediately with ice cream and whipped cream.
Post a Comment