Spinach Salad With Pork Tenderloin And Blackberries
Finding the right seasoning blend can be a challenge with pork. Right now I’m using a couple of favorites from Flavor God and one from our local Dutch store. You can experiment with combinations until you find one you love. And eating the experiments is totally worth it.
Sometimes you don’t need a huge, dramatic blackberry presence to enjoy these tasty berries. For this salad recipe, the blackberries are garnish and the tenderloin is the star of the show - and that’s ok! And the secret ingredient is revealed during the deglazing process … too much fun!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1lb pork tenderloin, sliced
2 Tbsp of your favorite seasoning
1 cup Sprite
4 cups spinach mix
1 cup blackberries
Assorted salad fixings
1. Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet.
2. While the oil heats, coat one side of each tenderloin slice with seasoning. Place each slice, seasoning side down, in the hot oil. Sear for 2-3 minutes. Coat the top side with seasoning, flip and sear.
3. When both sides are seared, remove the tenderloin slices from the pan. Using a small amount of Sprite to begin with, deglaze the skillet, scraping up all those yummy brown bits on the bottom. This will turn into a beautiful sauce for the pork.
4. When the bottom of the skillet is clean again and your sauce is simmering, add the pork slices back in. Allow them to cook through, flipping once and basting with the sauce. Cook until completely done in the middle.
5. Serve pork over spinach and greens mix, garnishing with blackberries and your favorite salad fixings.