Apple Cinnamon Bread
2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2/3 cup sugar
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. Peel and finely chop the two apples.
3. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
4. In a second bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
5. In a third bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture. Add the milk and mix until smooth.
7. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with half the apple and half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
8. Pour the rest of the batter on top, then finish with the rest of the apples and cinnamon.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes, checking with a toothpick at 45 minutes.