Amish Cinnamon Bread
This is an incredibly easy, incredibly tasty recipe. It's moist and sweet - the perfect combination. Serve it just slightly warm and you'll probably make it through a whole loaf before you realize it.
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups buttermilk
4 cups flour
2 tsps baking soda
2/3 cups sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
2. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Add milk, flour and baking soda.
3. Mix 2/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
3. Put 1/4 of the batter in each loaf pan, then split 3/4 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture between the two pans. Split the rest of the batter between the two pans and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mix.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
5. Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing.