Double-Seasoned Baked Popcorn Chicken
So when I told him that I had an idea for a double-seasoned chicken but didn't know how to make it happen, he stepped up and had some great ideas.
Here's our recipe, thanks to a lot of teamwork!
2 pounds of chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
Pinch of Herbs seasoning
2 cups of Panko bread crumbs
Old Bay seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Toss the chicken in a bowl with Cajun seasoning and Pinch of Herbs, to taste. I enjoy flavor but not too much heat, so Danny kept it pretty tame for me.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. In another bowl, combine the Panko, black pepper and Old Bay. The Panko will take in all the seasoning, so it will look like there's not any there. Add the seasoning in liberally, but carefully.
4. Dunk the seasoned chicken pieces in the egg, then into the Panko, then lay them on the baking sheets.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until they are slightly browned and cooked all the way through.
I used a sweet and sour dipping sauce, while Danny used a super-spicy BBQ sauce.