Slow-Cooker Apple Crisp
Your first thought might be soggy apples in a slow cooker, but that's the furthest thing from the truth. at about the 4-1/2-hour mark, it is absolutely delectable. I suggest you leave the house until it's done or you'll never make it that long, just because of that amazing aroma.
4-5 cooking apples (I used gala) sliced (peeled if you'd like, but I didn't)
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats (I used quick oats because it's what I had on hand)
3 tsp ground nutmeg
3 tsp ground cinnamon
4 Tbsp butter, softened
1. Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Set it on low to begin warming.
2. Layer the apple slices in the bottom of the cooker.
3. Combine the sugar, flour, oats, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl. Cut in the butter.
4. Sprinkle the mix over the apples. It may seem weird to not mix it all together, but it will melt down in and be all sorts of gooey and wonderful.
5. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
6. Serve with ice cream and some caramel sauce. Yummy!