Super-Simple Baked Chicken And What To Do With It
* Use the shredded meat on tortillas. Add lettuce, ranch dressing, diced tomatoes and any other leftovers you might have.
* Add the leftover meat to stir fry veggies and some soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
* Make a fantastic chicken salad sandwich!
* Layer with pizza sauce and cheese on english muffins. Broil until just browned.
* Shred, then use on top of lettuce salad with all the fixings.
* Substitute for ground beef in any pasta recipe.
* Pile onto those great sandwich thins for a filling lunch.
* Stuff a bunch into a pita bread along with all those great trimmings in the fridge.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 Tbsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp butter for each chicken breast
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Sprinkle half the garlic over the bottom of the dish.
3. Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Coat one side of the chicken with spice rub and place it seasoned side down on top of the garlic.
4. Coat the top of the chicken with spice rub and the remaining garlic.
5. Place one tablespoon of butter on top of each piece of chicken.
6. Cover the dish with parchment paper, tucking it under the chicken to keep it in place.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.