Slow Cooker Whole Chicken With Spice Rub
This simple, 4-ingredient slow-cooker chicken is the perfect way to cook a whole chicken with minimal effort. And I'm all for minimal effort these days - I'm just saying.
There are specific seasoning blends that work great with chicken, and it's always fun to experiment with some new ones. I used a Creole seasoning blend that I found in Louisiana, and I would love to hear what you've chosen.
1 whole chicken, giblets removed
1/2 cup avocado oil
1/2 cup seasoning mix (I used a Creole blend)
4 Tbsp minced garlic
1 can chicken broth
1. Heat the slow cooker to high.
2. In a small bowl, combine the avocado oil and seasoning mix until a paste forms. Rub the paste over the entire chicken and set it in the cooker.
3. Rub the minced garlic throughout the cavity of the chicken.
4. Pour chicken broth around the chicken without disturbing the price rub.
5. Cook on high for 5-6 hours, until chicken is cooked through. Serve with your favorite potatoes and veggies.
Post a Comment