Sheet Pan Top Sirloin Steaks And Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods in the world, and these oven-roasted ones are tasty, crispy, and all kinds of wonderful. They go into the oven while you're prepping the steak in a skillet, which is my kind of multi-tasking!
Feel free to play with spices for the steak and the sweet potatoes until you find a combination you love. Then let me know what you choose!
4 top sirloin steaks
10 small sweet potatoes, cut into quarters
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss sweet potato quarters with olive oil in a large bowl. Season with Italian seasoning and toss to coat.
3. Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast at 450 for 35-40 minutes, stirring once, until golden brown and slightly crunchy.
4. While potatoes are roasting, heat a large cast iron skillet with 2 Tbsp olive oil. When oil is hot enough to sizzle, coat one side of the steaks with steak seasoning and place in the skillet. Coat the other side with seasoning and flip after 3-4 minutes. After searing the flip side, sear all the edges of the steak.
5. When potatoes have been in 35-40 minutes, add steaks to the sheet pan. Lower oven to 350 degrees and roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, until steaks are the desired doneness. Serve steak and sweet potatoes with vegetables and dessert.
Post a Comment