Miniature Lemon Cupcakes
Not lemon-scented furniture polish, but that real, perfect lemon flavor that makes you want more.
This lemon cupcake recipe is that wonderful lemon flavor in a tiny little package.
5 egg whites, room temperature
3/4 cup buttermilk, divided
2 lemons, finely zested
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill mini muffin tin with mini muffin papers.
2. In a small bowl, combine egg whites, 1/4 cup of buttermilk and lemon zest.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar, about 2-3 minutes. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add in egg white mixture and remaining buttermilk.
4. Fill mini muffin papers half full. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Beat butter for 3-5 minutes until pale in color. Add powdered sugar, lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and cream. Beat 3-5 minutes or until fluffy.
6. Frost. Eat. Enjoy.